Resolution Number 20-20
RESOLUTION NUMBER 20-20
REAFFIRMING THE COUNCIL’S COMMITMENT TO SERVICE
WHEREAS, the Mayor of the City of Mountain Iron (the “Mayor”) finds that there is a controversy growing within the community that surrounds the ethics and values of the City of Mountain Iron; and
WHEREAS, the City of Mountain Iron has been and will always remain committed to the highest standards of equality, ethics, and professionalism; and
WHEREAS, it is important that from time to time, the commitment to the obligation of those in public office shall be reaffirmed in order to ensure that it remains in the forethought of those who discharge the duty of office, and to reassure the Citizens of the City of Mountain Iron that their leaders hold themselves to a high standard.
NOW THEREFORE, be it resolved that the following standards shall be observed by each official serving the citizens of the City of Mountain Iron, and that each Council member voting affirmatively agrees, to the best of their ability, as follows:
- To observe the highest standards of integrity in their official acts and undertake their responsibilities for the benefit of the greater public
- To faithfully discharge the duties of their office regardless of their personal considerations, recognizing that the public interest is their primary
- To uphold the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the state of Minnesota and carry out impartially the laws of the nation, state, and municipality and thus foster respect for all
- To comply with both the letter and the spirit of the laws and policies affecting operations of the
- To recognize their obligation to implement the adopted goals and objectives of the City in good faith, regardless of my personal
- To conduct themselves in both their official and personal actions in a manner that is above
- Not use their positions to secure for themselves or others special privileges or exemptions that are different from those available to the general
- To be independent, impartial, and fair in their judgment and
- To be accountable for their actions and behaviors and accept responsibility for their decisions.
- To oppose all forms of harassment and unlawful
- To be respectful of citizens, city staff, officials, volunteers, and others who participate in or come into contact with the city’s government and to never disparage another’s lifestyle, religion, culture or
DULY ADOPTED BY THE CITY COUNCIL THIS 8th DAY OF SEPTEMBER, 2020.
Mayor Gary Skalko