BUILDING PERMIT APPLICATIONS
Permit application requirements are intended to ensure that applicable building and zoning codes are met. Such codes are established for the purposes of protecting the public health, safety and general welfare of all citizens and property owners in the City of Mountain Iron.
Building Permit Application are required for:
- Construction, enlargement, alteration,repair, and/or improvement of any structure.
- Extensive electrical and/or plumbing projects.
- Placement of any manufactured home (mobile home), except in manufactured home (mobile home) parks.
Zoning Permit Applications are required for:
- Construction enlargement, or location of any structure regardless of what the project cost or valuation is. May be required along with a Building Permit Application.
- Placement of any manufactured home (mobile home), except in manufactured home (mobile home) parks. Maybe required along with a Building Permit Application.
- Moving, Fill / Excavation, Demolition and Sign Permit. Maybe required along with a Building Permit Application.
Instructions for filling out City of Mountain Iron Permits:
- Carefully read through the application and site plan forms and instructions.
- Fill in each blank and check appropriate boxes applicable to your project. If the blank is not applicable for your project fill in “n/a” for not applicable.
- If the project is new and / or an addition, a site plan is required (see site plan form for instructions).
Applicant must provide full legal description and parcel code numbers for the property the project is situated on (a copy of the property tax statement may be attached if there is not enough room on the application).
- Fill in the name, address and State License Number of the Contractor for any residential project.
- Application and site plan forms must be signed and dated.
- A complete set of final construction plans must be filed with the application. If there are any questions, check with the official before returning the application.
- Hook-ups and / or Tap-ins to Public Utilities and Onsite Sewer Owner / Applicant must have approval (signature or initials) from the applicable authority prior to filing your application with the Building & Housing / Planning & Zoning Department.
- Incomplete applications may be rejected or returned for completion.