Welcome to Mountain Iron
Possible Summer Baseball and Softball Programs
The City of Mountain Iron is exploring what the Summer Baseball and Softball Programs could look like. To sign up for youth baseball or softball, please contact the City prior to June 12th with the appropriate information. No fees a will be charged. Practices could begin June 15th following state guidelines. The schedule for possible games has yet to be determined. Call 218-748-7570 or (preferably) email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The West Two Rivers Campground is closed until June 1st at this time. We will reevaluate and opening day based upon the orders of Governor Walz.
- Full will be processed for those who made reservations from May 15th to June 1st. If you made reservations for this time period the City will automatically issue refunds.
- If you would like to cancel your reservations after June 1, you will need to contact the City to receive a refund.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
For Mondays Planning and Zoning Meeting, onducting the meeting by conference call seems to be the easiest for all. At 6:30 please call into the number below and enter the access code to be connected. If you have any questions, please let me know.
Craig J. Wainio
Dial-in number (US): (701) 802-5497
Access code: 728508#
International dial-in numbers: https://fccdl.in/i/cwainio
Online meeting ID: cwainio
Join the online meeting: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/cwainio
For additional assistance connecting to the meeting text “Help” to the Dial-In number above. Message and data rates may apply.
The Planning and Zoning Commission of the City of Mountain Iron will hold a public hearing on Monday, April 13, 2020 at 6:35 p.m. in the Mountain Iron Room of the Mountain Iron Community Center.
The purpose of the public hearing is to consider a request made by Joel Haataja, for a Conditional Use (CUP) and Variance permit. The CUP is for an accessory structure which exceeds 900 sq. ft. in area and for shipping containers used as accessory structures. The Variance Permit is for an accessory structure in excess of 15 ft. in height. The property is legally described as follows:
Parcel Code: 175-0071-01689
Section 14, Township 58, Range 18; W1/2 of NW1/4 of SE1/4, EXCEPT the East 180 feet; AND EXCEPT West 320 feet of W1/2 of NW1/4 of SE1/4, except Northerly 500 feet of Easterly 120 feet.
Address: 8602 Mud Lake Road, Mountain Iron, MN 55768
The public can present its opinions at the public hearing or by letter addressed to the Zoning Administrator, City of Mountain Iron, City Hall, 8586 Enterprise Drive South, Mountain Iron, MN 55768-8260.
By Order of the Planning and Zoning Commission
Jerry D. Kujala
Coronavirus Information: Community health and safety is our priority. Stay informed about facility closures and event/program cancellations related to the Coronavirus.
The City of Mountain Iron is working closely with public safety officials in neighboring cities and schools, along with our EMS, county and state partners to be fully prepared to protect our community.
Like all Minnesota cities, the City takes the COVID-19, “Coronavirus”, pandemic extremely seriously and is proactively working to minimize public health risk.
While vital City services will continue, there may be facility closings, and canceled programs, events and meetings. City officials are monitoring the situation and will communicate significant updates as
City Cancellations and Closures
- Saint Louis County Public Health Department
What the City is Doing
- We are planning – The City’s Continuity of Operations Plan is in effect, and staff are committed to maintain all essential services during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- We are cleaning – With a focus on disinfecting high touch areas daily at city facilities, including the City Hall, Police station and Public Works Department.
- We are implementing – Minnesota Department of Health recommendations as outlined by the CDC. The City is following mitigation guidelines including encouraging social distancingmeasures with staff and the public and reducing or cancelling events.
What we ask of you
- Help us stay healthy – wash your hands with hot soapy water for 20 seconds before, during and after visiting City facilities.
- Stay home – If you are sick or have been exposed to someone who is sick, please conduct city business online or by phone.
- Call before coming to City Hall – City Hall is open. City departments have temporarily changed procedures to enable more services to be provided online or over the telephone.
- Please call 218-748-7570 or e-mail City Hall at email@example.com
- If you have the financial resources, please support our local restaurants by ordering pickup and delivery of food.
For your convenience the City of Mountain Iron now accepts online payments. Check it out https://www.paymentservicenetwork.com/Login.aspx?acc=RT23817
Follow the performance of the City of Mountain Iron’s Solar Array through this link: Mountain Iron Solar Panels
PAID ON-CALL FIREFIGHTERS
The Mountain Iron Fire Department has immediate openings for fire fighters. Applicants must be 18 years of age, possess a valid Minnesota driver’s license, be able to pass a physical and live within 10 minutes of the Fire Hall. Applications can be found at the Mountain Iron City Hall or online at www.mtniron.com and can be submitted in writing to the City of Mountain Iron, 8586 Enterprise Drive South, Mountain Iron, MN 55768 or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact City Hall at 218-748-7570 or email email@example.com with any questions.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form.
You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.