Welcome to Mountain Iron
NOTICE – PROPERTY OWNERS
IN THE CITY OF MOUNTAIN IRON
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING
ASSESSMENT & CLASSIFICATION OF PROPERTY
This may affect your 2023 property tax payments
It is hereby given that the Local Board of Appeal & Equalization for the City of Mountain Iron in St. Louis County, MN shall meet at the Mountain Iron Community Center Mountain Iron Room 8586 Enterprise Drive South, Mountain Iron, MN 55768 on Thursday, April 21, 2022 from 5:00-6:00 p.m.
The purpose of this meeting is to determine whether property in the jurisdiction has been properly valued and classified by the assessor, and also to determine whether corrections need to be made. (This is regarding the yellow 2023 property valuation notice residents received in the mail from the County).
If you believe the value or classification of your property is incorrect, please contact your Assessor’s office to discuss your concerns. If you are still not satisfied with the valuation or classification after discussing it with your Assessor, you may appear or submit your appeal in writing, to the local Board of Appeal and Equalization. The board shall review the valuation, classification, or both if necessary, and shall correct it as needed. Generally, an appearance before your Local Board of Appeal and Equalization is required by law before an appeal can be taken to your County Board of Appeal and Equalization.
If you prefer to submit your appeal in writing, please mail to:
City of Mountain Iron
8576 Enterprise Drive South
Mountain Iron, MN 55768
CITY OF MOUNTAIN IRON
CURBSIDE RECYCLING 2022 PICK-UP SCHEDULE
THE WEEK OF:
March 14th – 18th
April 11th – 15th
May 9th – 13th
June 1th – 17th
July 18th – 22nd
August 8th – 12th
September 19th – 23rd
October 17th – 21st
November 14th – 18th
December 12th – 16th
Please have containers curbside by 7:00 a.m. on your regular garbage pick-up day.
Call 748-7570 if you have any questions, or check the City’s website: www.mtniron.com
If your recycling pickup falls on a holiday, it will be picked up the next working day.
Coronavirus Information: Community health and safety is our priority. Stay informed about facility closures and event/program cancellations related to the Coronavirus.
The City of Mountain Iron is working closely with public safety officials in neighboring cities and schools, along with our EMS, county and state partners to be fully prepared to protect our community.
Like all Minnesota cities, the City takes the COVID-19, “Coronavirus”, pandemic extremely seriously and is proactively working to minimize public health risk.
While vital City services will continue, there may be facility closings, and canceled programs, events and meetings. City officials are monitoring the situation and will communicate significant updates as
City Cancellations and Closures
- Saint Louis County Public Health Department
What the City is Doing
- We are planning – The City’s Continuity of Operations Plan is in effect, and staff are committed to maintain all essential services during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- We are cleaning – With a focus on disinfecting high touch areas daily at city facilities, including the City Hall, Police station and Public Works Department.
- We are implementing – Minnesota Department of Health recommendations as outlined by the CDC. The City is following mitigation guidelines including encouraging social distancingmeasures with staff and the public and reducing or cancelling events.
What we ask of you
- Help us stay healthy – wash your hands with hot soapy water for 20 seconds before, during and after visiting City facilities.
- Stay home – If you are sick or have been exposed to someone who is sick, please conduct city business online or by phone.
- Call before coming to City Hall – City Hall is open. City departments have temporarily changed procedures to enable more services to be provided online or over the telephone.
- Please call 218-748-7570 or e-mail City Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have the financial resources, please support our local restaurants by ordering pickup and delivery of food.
For your convenience the City of Mountain Iron now accepts online payments. Check it out https://www.paymentservicenetwork.com/Login.aspx?acc=RT23817
Follow the performance of the City of Mountain Iron’s Solar Array through this link: Mountain Iron Solar Panels
PAID ON-CALL FIREFIGHTERS
The Mountain Iron Fire Department has immediate openings for fire fighters. Applicants must be 18 years of age, possess a valid Minnesota driver’s license, be able to pass a physical and live within 10 minutes of the Fire Hall. Applications can be found at the Mountain Iron City Hall or online at www.mtniron.com and can be submitted in writing to the City of Mountain Iron, 8586 Enterprise Drive South, Mountain Iron, MN 55768 or electronically to email@example.com. Please contact City Hall at 218-748-7570 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form.
You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at email@example.com.