Resolution Number 07-21
RESOLUTION NUMBER 07-21
REAFFIRMING THE COUNCIL’S COMMITMENT TO SERVICE AND CIVILITY
WHEREAS, the Mayor of the City of Mountain Iron (the “Mayor”) has determined that in order to efficiently and civilly conduct the business of the City of Mountain Iron the member of the Council ought to reflect upon and reaffirm their obligations; and
WHEREAS, the City of Mountain Iron has been and will always remain committed to the highest standards of equality, ethics, civility, and professionalism; and
WHEREAS, it is important that from time to time, the commitment to the obligation of those in public office shall be reaffirmed in order to ensure that it remains in the forethought of those who discharge the duty of office, and to reassure the Citizens of the City of Mountain Iron that their leaders hold themselves to a high standard.
NOW THEREFORE, be it resolved that the following standards shall be observed by each official serving the citizens of the City of Mountain Iron, and that each Council member voting affirmatively agrees, to the best of their ability, as follows:
- To observe the highest standards of integrity in their official acts and undertake their responsibilities for the benefit of the greater public good.
- To faithfully discharge the duties of their office regardless of their personal considerations, recognizing that the public interest is their primary concern.
- To comply with both the letter and the spirit of the laws and policies affecting operations of the city.
- To recognize their obligation to implement the adopted goals and objectives of the City in good faith, regardless of my personal views.
- To conduct themselves in both their official and personal actions in a manner that is above reproach and in the discussion of City business to refrain from personal attacks upon or disparagement of any other member of the discussion an.cl at all times to respect the authority of the Mayor to maintain order within the City’s meetings.
- To be independent, impartial, and fair in their judgment and actions.
- To be accountable for their actions and behaviors and accept responsibility for their decisions.
- To oppose all forms of harassment and unlawful discrimination.
- To be respectful of citizens, city staff, officials, volunteers, and others who participate in or come into contact with the city’s government and to never disparage another’s lifestyle, religion, culture or history.
DULY ADOPTED BY THE CITY COUNCIL THIS 3rd DAY OF MAY, 2021.
Mayor Peggy Anderson