Resolution 50-99 PUD Approval
GRANTING FINAL APPROVAL OF A PLANNED UNIT DEVELOPMENT
WHEREAS, pursuant to Section 22.15 of the Mountain Iron City Code, an application for a planned unit development was submitted and reviewed by the Planning and Zoning Commission for the property described as follows:
Southwest Quarter of the Southeast Quarter of Section 11, Township 58 North, Range 18 West, of the Fourth Principal Meridian; commencing at a point on the west line 973.29 feet north of the southwest corner of said Southwest Quarter of the Southeast Quarter and assigning a bearing of North 01 degrees 02 minutes 53 seconds West to said west line, to the point of beginning of the parcel to be described; thence South 89 degrees 05 minutes 17 seconds East 1023.4 feet; thence South 00 degrees 54 minutes 43 seconds West 413.09 feet; thence North 89 degrees 05 minutes 17 seconds West 262.48 feet; thence North 01 degrees 56 minutes 43 seconds West 141.82 feet; thence South 86 degrees 59 minutes 44 seconds West 759.9 feet to the west line of said Southwest Quarter of the Southeast Quarter; thence North 00 degrees 54 minutes 43 seconds East 311.62 feet to the point of beginning;
WHEREAS, on September 13, 1999, the Planning and Zoning Commission held a public hearing on the PUD application where all public comment was heard; and,
WHEREAS, final approval was granted by the Planning and Zoning Commission at their September 27, 1999, and a recommendation for approval by the City Council has been forwarded: and,
WHEREAS, the City Council, at their September 20, 1999 meeting, found the following:
1. The PUD plan, attached hereto and made a part of this Resolution, is consistent with the stated objectives of planned unit developments.
2. The relationship of the proposed PUD to the area in which it is proposed to be developed, is beneficial.
3. That the authorized distribution of buildings, streets, an open space will permit better site planning and thus benefit the development and the community as a whole.
4. That such distribution or location will not unduly increase the bulk of buildings, density of population, or intensity of use to the detriment of areas outside the PUD by restricting access to light and air or by creating traffic congestion.
NOW THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED BY THE CITY COUNCIL OF MOUNTAIN IRON, MINNESOTA:
1. The Planned Unit Development as previously described is hereby approved.
2. This Planned Unit Development shall be numbered as 98-1
3. A copy of the PUD shall filed for record with the Saint Louis County Recorders Office.
DULY ADOPTED THIS 18TH DAY OF OCTOBER, 1999.