PSHB 1-22-20 Agenda
PUBLIC SAFETY & HEALTH BOARD MEETING
WEDNESDAY, January 22, 2020
A G E N D A
- Roll Call
- Consent Agenda
- Minutes of the December 4, 2019 Meeting
- Public Forum
- Committee and Staff Reports
- First Responders Report (if available)
- Fire Department Report (if available)
- Sheriff’s Office Report (if available)
- Unfinished Business
- New Business
- Nominate/elect chair and secretary.
- Fire Department Service Planning Committee Final Report presented at the Committee-of-the-Whole, Mountain Iron City Council on December 16, 2019.
- City Council approval of Resolution Number 20-19 Authorizing Proceeding with Recommendations Identified From the Fire Department Service Planning Committee, December 16, 2019
- City Council approval of Resolution Number 21-19 Authorizing the Approval of a Department Service Planning Grant with the State of Minnesota, December 16, 2019
- Status of MIFD Truck #188 donation to Evergreen FD
- New Fire Truck Delivery on Dec. 23rd, MIFD training on new truck and equipment
- MIFD feedback on preference for salary increase vs. PERA contributing increase due to no change from 2019 to 2020 budget.
- Status of Ordinances review by City Attorney and agenda item for City Council review and approval: Fire Department, Animal Control, Public Nuisance.
- MIFD Feedback for Ordinances: Fire Prevention Code, Open Burning, Knox Box.
- Status of feedback for Public Works and Sheriff Deputy input/review of Traffic Ordinance revisions. Al Stanaway was going to meet with Tim Satrang and Deputy Backman about the proposed changes.
- Review of Chapter 130 General Offenses Ordinances by Board and feedback from Deputy Backman’s Dec. 17th email:
- Ordinances listed are either incongruent with current state laws or the behavior is already covered by state law, and therefore serves no useful purpose being included:
- 21 Possession and Concealment of Firearms – incongruent
- 26 Reckless Acts – covered by state law
- 27 Pocession by Minors – covered by state law other than BB guns
- 28 Furnishing to Minors – covered by state law other than BB guns
- 29 Silencers – incongruent
- Tobacco 21 and E-Cigarette Flavors email from Jenna Ballinger, Community Health Specialist, Essential Health Virginia
- Status of posting revised Emergency Management Plan approved by the City Council in 2019 under Codes on the City of Mountain Iron website.
- Open Discussion
PLEASE NOTIFY CITY HALL AT 748-7570 BY 1:00 P.M. ON MONDAY IF YOU CANNOT ATTEND THE MEETING. THIS IS TO ENSURE THAT WE HAVE A QUORUM. THANK YOU.