Library Board Meeting Minutes for May 11, 2016
Mt. Iron Library Board Meeting Minutes
Wednesday, May 11th, 2016
Call to Order @ 4:00 pm: Carolyn Olson
Present: Shirley Congdon, Cathy Whitzman, Shannon Petersen, Peggy Anderson, Sally Yuccas, Carolyn Olson and Al Stanaway (city liason).
Motion to Accept April 13th, 2016 Minutes.
1st: Cathy Whitzman and: Shirley Congdon
Director’s Report: Sally Yuccas
- Gun Safety is complete
- Visitor breakdown was presented. This report is always available upon request to Sally.
- All window replacement was completed by Lenci Construction.
- Basement “Quiet Room” is not completed to date. Sally is hopeful that with the summer help this project can be completed.
- Summer Help has been advertised for and only 2 applications were received. Motion made by Shirley Congdon to offer the position of summer help to Anne Grierson and was seconded by Shannon Petersen.
- Summer Reading program “Read for the Win” is scheduled. Senior Citizen Center reserved for large programs.
- Board Meeting Time changed to 4:45 pm. Motion 1st: Cathy Whitzman 2nd: Shirley Congdon
- Summer Hours effective May 31sst. No Saturdays.
- Sally went to area schools, including Cherry, to promote the Summer Reading Program.
Adjourn 4:30 pm
Motion 1st: Cathy Whitzman, 2nd: Shirley Congdon
Respectfully Submitted by: