July 20, 2020 City Council Minutes
MOUNTAIN IRON CITY COUNCIL
July 20, 2020
Mayor Skalko called the City Council meeting to order at 6:30p.m. with the following members present: Councilor Joe Prebeg Jr., Alan Stanaway, Julie Buria, Steve Skogman, and Mayor Gary Skalko. Also present were: Craig Wainio, City Administrator; Tim Satrang, Director of Public Works; Amanda Inmon, Municipal Services Secretary; Al Johnson, City Engineer; Bryan Lindsay, City Attorney; and SGT Backman, Sheriff’s Department.
It was moved by Skalko and seconded by Buria that the consent agenda be approved as follows:
- Approve the minutes of the July 6, 2020, regular meeting as submitted.
- That the communications be accepted and placed on file and those requiring further action by the City Council be acted upon during their proper sequence on the agenda.
- To acknowledge the receipts for the period July 1-15, totaling $203,518.82 (a list is attached and made a part of these minutes).
- To authorize the payments of the bills and payroll for the period July 1-15, totaling $486,907.81 (a list is attached and made a part of these minutes).
The motion carried.
- No one spoke during the forum
The Mayor reported on the following:
- Happy belated birthday to Elma Riccio turning 95 years old July 30th
- Thank you to all those who are keeping the country moving forward!
- The Mountain Iron Economic Development Authority is working on a potential building site for a Bread Warehouse, hearing scheduled possibly for next meeting
Director of Public Works:
- Many projects underway throughout the City of Mountain Iron:
- Mountain Iron Drive – possible delays due to weather
- Structural part of Water Tower mostly complete – sandblasting and paint crew starting soon
- MNDot project – Highway 53/13th Street Intersection improvement project underway
- No formal report
- Water Tower project, small Change Orders and modifications received from the Contractor which can be addressed at the next meeting
- No formal report
It was moved by Skogman and seconded by Buria to accept the Cable Franchise Agreement as presented with Mediacom Communications Corporation. The motion carried.
At 6:56p.m., it was moved by Skalko and seconded by Prebeg that the meeting be adjourned. The motion carried.
Municipal Services Secretary
- Primary Election on August 11, 2020, polls will be open from 7:00am until 8:00pm
- Mountain Iron Community Center: Precinct #1: IROQUOIS ROOM;
Precinct #2: WACOOTAH ROOM.
- Absentee ballots are available at City Hall now through August 10, 2020 for those voters unable to vote on Election Day.
- City Hall will also be open for Absentee voting from 10am-3pm on Saturday, August 8th and until 5pm on Monday, August 10th.
- Shared Services Study Joint meeting, Tuesday, August 18, 2020 at 6:30pm at the Mountain Iron Community Center