ORDINANCE NUMBER 04-05
THE CITY OF MOUNTAIN IRON HEREBY ORDAINS:
Section 1. Amending Chapter 7. That Chapter 7 Section 70.09 through 70.12 be added to the Mountain Iron City Code and shall be as follows:
70.09 Vehicle Parking. The term “recreational vehicle” shall mean a vehicle designed and used for recreational purposes and enjoyment including, but not limited to, self-propelled motor homes, truck campers, camping trailers, all terrain vehicles, boats, race cars and race car trailers, snowmobiles, construction trailers, all other trailers, vehicles used to transport goods, refuse or merchandise, semi-tractors and trailers and vehicles converted into storage or camping vehicles.
70.10 Residential Areas:
With the exception of construction trailers, the vehicles described in 70.09 above shall not be allowed to park on any public street, for longer than 72 hours to load/unload and to perform maintenance on the vehicle. Construction trailers may be parked on City streets only when they are being used in conjunction with an adjacent construction project and only while attended.
The parking and storage of the vehicles described in 70.09 on a lot is permitted subject to the following restrictions:
- Parking and storage is permitted at all times within an enclosed building or within the rear yard.
- The above-described vehicles must have affixed thereto current registration or license plates as required by law.
- All permitted recreational vehicle storage must be on an established driveway and must be set back at least fifteen (15) feet from the back of the curb, where present, or fifteen (15) feet from the paved area of the street if no curb is present.
- Recreational vehicle parking is allowed on a sideyard. The term “sideyard” shall mean the yard between the nearest point of the building and the sideline of the lot and extending from the front yard to the rear yard.
- All recreational vehicles parked in accordance with this ordinance must not be missing “major parts”, which would, without these parts, constitute junk.
70.11 Unlawful Overtime Parking. It shall be unlawful to park a car, pick-up truck, van or motorcycle on any City street, alley or public parking lot for longer than:
- 24 consecutive hours from the period of November 1st to April 30th.
- 72 consecutive hours from the period of May 1st to October 31st.
70.12 Violation. Any person in violation of 70.11 A shall receive a parking citation immediately. Any person in violation of 70.11 B shall receive a 24 hour warning tag from the St. Louis County Sheriff’s Department or a designee of the City. If after 24 hours the violation continues, any person in violation shall be guilty of a petty misdemeanor. Each day a violation continues shall constitute a separate offense.
SECTION 2 INCONSISTENT ORDINANCES. All Ordinances or portions thereof inconsistent with this Ordinance shall be repealed and replaced with the provisions of this Ordinance.
SECTION 3 EFFECTIVE DATE. This Ordinance shall be effective November 1, 2005.
DULY ADOPTED BY THE CITY COUNCIL THIS 3rd DAY OF OCTOBER, 2005.
Mayor Gary Skalko